Share your COVID-19 Story
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic changed your life?
- Has it affected your pregnancy, birth, or breastfeeding experience?
- Has the COVID-19 pandemic affected the way you provide lactation education or services?
- Is it affecting the families in your community?
- Click here to learn more and to share your story. (There is no limit to how many words you can use to tell your story.)
Next MBC Steering Committee Meeting
First, I hope all are safe and well. Our next MBC Steering Committee Meeting is Tuesday, June 9th, 2020, from 9:30-11:30 am. You can find the Zoom information in the agenda. The June agenda along with April minutes can be found here.
As a reminder, MBC is moving toward using Wild Apricot as our central place to post meeting information, send out communications, etc. Please take a look at your account and make sure items are updated as needed. Also, please share with others that would like to be involved, encourage them to sign up by clicking “Join Us Now” on Wild Apricot here: https://mbc41.wildapricot.org
If you have any difficulties accessing the items on Wild Apricot or need assistance navigating through it, please let me know!
I hope to see you all via Zoom next week!
Board Chair, Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition
Baby Behavior – A Workshop for Community Health Workers (CHWs)
- Learn the language of infants and toddlers in order to help parents be more responsive to their cues.
- Online workshop about understanding the language of infants and toddlers, and how to feed them responsively.
- This workshop will be virtual and led by Dr. Jane Heinig from the University of California, Davis Human Lactation Center.
- This workshop is free for community health workers and those in similar professions (doulas, home visitors, mental health advocates, etc.) in the east Metro area.
Saturday, August 8, 2020
Two sessions with a 2 hour break in between
9:00 AM to 12:00 noon, 2:00 – 5:00 PM
The 7th Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit – 2020
- Originally scheduled for May 2020.
- Postponed Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Rescheduled for Thurs., Nov. 5 & Fri., Nov. 6, 2020, 8:00 AM to Noon each day, as a virtual event.
- COVID-19: Why Mother’s Milk Matters, and
- Lessons Learned from 20 Years of Working with Baby Friendly Hospitals
- Dr. Jae Kim, Cinncinnati Children’s Medical Center
- DR. Barbara Philipp, Boston University School of Medicine
Registration and Details coming soon.
13th Annual Workshop and Conference, November 2020 – Updated information coming soon!