Next MBC Steering Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, October 13, 9:30 to 11:30 am
- Agenda with Zoom link will be posted prior to meeting
2020–13th Annual Fall Workshop
Supporting Chest/Breastfeeding Families during COVID-19
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 1 – 4 PM
Speakers: Dr. Jane Heinig, University of California-Davis, Human Lactation Center; Marcia McCoy, Minnesota Department of Health, WIC Program and WIC Peer Counselors (TBA); and community partners Joe Woehrle, Florence Orionzi
Topics: Learn about infant behavior and cues, culturally- grounded goal setting, and creating expectations for family support.
Location: This is a virtual workshop, to be held via Zoom. The meeting link will be sent out with the registration confirmation.
Fee: $25 per participant, which includes the anticipated L-CERPs
Registration details are available at https://mbc41.wildapricot.org/MBC-Fall-Workshop/
*Continuing education units to be available
Save the Date
2020–7th Annual Minnesota Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit
Human Milk’s Role in Reducing Infant Mortality
Originally scheduled for May 2020. Postponed Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Thursday & Friday, November 5 & 6, 2020; 8:00 am to noon each day
Day 1 Keynote: Mother’s Milk Matters, Dr. Jae Kim, Neonatology, Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center
Day 2 Keynote: Twenty Years Baby Friendly: Reflections on Change, Dr. Barbara Philipp, Boston University School of Medicine
- How and why human milk reduces infant mortality
- State and local initiatives to reduce infant mortality
- Pasteurized human donor milk and safe handling in hospitals
- Milk banking and Minnesota Milk Bank for Babies update
- Innovative rooming-in: keeping mothers and babies together
- Creative hospital discharge education to prevent shaken baby syndrome
- Healthcare provider stories
This is a virtual workshop, using Zoom. Links will be provided with all materials to all registrants. Registration details are available at: www.mbc41.wildapricot.org/Summit
L-CERPS and CMEs to be available
Letter of Solidarity:
From MBC Leadership to the family and communities grieving the murder of Mr. George Floyd by police in Minneapolis, and to all others experiencing racism and other forms of discrimination. Full text of letter
Share your COVID-19 Story
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic changed your life?
- Has it affected your pregnancy, birth, or breastfeeding experience?
- Has the COVID-19 pandemic affected the way you provide lactation education or services?
- Is it affecting the families in your community?
- Click here to learn more and to share your story. (There is no limit to how many words you can use to tell your story.)