Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition 2015-2016 Capital Campaign
Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition has demonstrated it can accomplish a lot with a small amount of funding, including supporting local breastfeeding coalitions, conducting workshops for hospitals to share information and resources, holding statewide annual meetings and hosting summits for hospital leadership to provide information on how to better support the 90% of women who choose to breastfeed in Minnesota.
SIX WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1. Make an individual tax-deductible donation to the MBC, a 501(c)3.
2. Become a voting member coalition of the MBC. Membership for local coalitions is $25 for 2 years.
3. Donate through your workplace’s Combined Charities United Way campaign.
4. Donate on Give to the Max Day – November 12, 2015 (https://givemn.org/) .Your tax-deductible donation will be matched by MBC Board and Steering Committee members.
5. Participate in a Pampered Chef Fundraiser hosted by the MBC. The PC consultant is a breastfeeding mother who is offering to donate 10% of her commission to the MBC. Watch for the announcement for a one-hour “virtual” party via Facebook and a one-week sale in November.
6. Donate to the MBC via the AmazonSmile Program when placing an order through Amazon.com, and a percentage of your purchase goes to the MBC.
Checks can be made out to the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition or by credit card or Paypal online via the:
The Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition supports the goals of the United States Breastfeeding Committee, which are as follows:
- Assure access to comprehensive, current, and culturally appropriate
lactation care and services for all women, children, and families.
- Ensure that all federal, state, and local laws relating to child welfare and family law recognize and support the importance and practice of breastfeeding.
- Increase protection, promotion, and support for breastfeeding mothers in the work force.
We hope you find the resources on our site helpful. Please join us in our efforts to improve the health of Minnesotans by working to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
How can you help? We encourage you to join your local breastfeeding coalition or to start a coalition.
Consider showing your support for the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition by making a donation today!
Licensure protects consumers, encourages quality, assigns responsibility, raises professional standards of practice, and prevents unqualified individuals from practicing. Please add your voice to the support of licensure for clinical breastfeeding care in Minnesota!
Membership in the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition is now available.
Local coalitions you are invited to become a voting member. This is an exciting step in becoming a 501 c 3 non-profit organization.
Your membership supports the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition website and helps connect local coalitions and others in the breastfeeding community through the annual meeting and teleconference,news from the United States Breastfeeding Coalition, and other outreach and advocacy.
Most important, membership gives you a voice in determining the future direction and focus of the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition.