National Legislation Supporting Breastfeeding
- U.S. Government Printing Office. (2010, March 23). Reasonable break time for nursing mothers. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Section 4207.
Summaries of National Legislation Supporting Breastfeeding
- U.S. Dept. of Labor. Fact Sheet:
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (March 23, 2010): http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs73.htm
- Arizona Employment Law Letter. (Jan. 27, 2016).
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers: Legal Requirements and Lactation Policies: https://hrdailyadvisor.blr.com/2016/01/27/break-time-for-nursing-mothers-legal-requirements-and-lactation-policies/
Minnesota Legislation Supporting Breastfeeding
- Workplace Support (MN Statute 181.939): http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/181/939.html
- Location for Breastfeeding (MN Statute 145.905): https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/145.905
- Indecent Exposure Exemption (MN Statute 617.23): http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/617/23.html
Summaries of Minnesota Legislation Concerning Pregnancy and Nursing Mothers
- Pregnancy Leave, Pregnancy Accommodations at Work, Nursing Mothers
- Legal Protection for Nursing Mothers in Minnesota:
Breastfeed. Anytime. Anywhere.
Minnesota law makes it easy for women to breastfeed their babies Anytime, Anywhere, in public or private. Breastfeed—Anytime, Anywhere. Hand it to moms. Everyone makes breastfeeding easy when they promote breastfeeding as the norm.
Download, print, and distribute a card explaining the Minnesota law. The PDF is designed to print on two-sided printable business cards (e.g., Avery 8877), 10 to a sheet. Or you can print on cardstock and cut to business card size.
Do It Yourself:
Print the card, as is, by PDF with the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition logo and website.
Or, use the card template in Word to personalize the card with your coalition’s logo and website.
Distribute the card far and wide . . .
Hand the card to employees, WIC clients, patients, breastfeeding coalition members, mothers, fathers, neighbors, restaurant owners, in public restrooms, at health fairs, at the park, at the pool, at community centers, as a World Breastfeeding Week activity. Carry it with you and give to women you see breastfeeding in public.
Everyone makes breastfeeding easy. Anytime. Anywhere.