- University of Rochester (New York), Golisano Children’s Hospital, Human Lactation Center. Computerized database, with free information for professionals; 585-275-0088:
- InfantRisk Center at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. Provides information on the use of medications during pregnancy and lactation. InfantRisk Hotline 806-352-2519, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m CST.
- Lawrence, RA. (1997, Oct.). A Review of the Medical Benefits and Contraindications to Breastfeeding in the United States. Maternal and Child Health Technical Information Bulletin; Maternal and Child Health Bureau.
- Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS). MotherToBaby. A service of the non-profit Organization of Teratology Information Specialists. Information about medications and other exposures during pregnancy and Breastfeeding. Call Toll Free: 866-626-6847; Text: 855-999-3525.
- National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine. Toxicology Data Network (TOXNET). Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed).
Healthy Babies . Healthy Families . Healthy Communities