National and International Resources for Breastfeeding Support
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Women’s Health. Breastfeeding – Multiple topics for parents.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Women’s Health. Breastfeeding. Your guide to breastfeeding.
- This is an excellent free booklet that you can download to a mobile devise or print.
- La Leche League International. Home page.
Minnesota and Upper Midwestern Resources for Breastfeeding Families
- La Leche League of the Minnesota and the Dakotas.
- International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA)
Minnesota Women, Infant and Children (WIC) Program
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). WIC Home. Information for clients and others.
- Minnesota Department of Health. WIC Program. Breastfeeding.
- Minnesota Department of Health. Minnesota WIC Local Agency Listing.
Minnesota Local Coalition Resources
- Washington County. Living Healthy in Washington County. Breastfeeding Support.
- Scroll to bottom of page and click on links to the following breastfeeding resource materials produced by the Washington County Breastfeeding Coalition.
Hospital / Clinic / Public Health Practice and Protocols
- Breastfeeding Friendly Public Health Department self-appraisal tool. Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services. https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/nutrition/breastfeeding/index.htm
Patient Education and Referral Resources
- What to Expect The Breastfeeding Guide http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/breastfeeding/landing.aspx
- Translated Breastfeeding Information
- Spanish: http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/breastfeeding-guide/
- WIC Works Web site: search by language https://wicworks.fns.usda.gov
- UNICEF UK, materials in many languages: http://www.babyfriendly.org.uk/page.asp?page=95
- Prenatal Education: Getting Started with Infant Care and Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Education: Information for Families
NOTE: Many other resources are available. This is not a complete list of available resources and is not meant as an endorsement. You are welcome to copy this list. Information is subject to change.
- Local Resources for Breastfeeding Support in Minnesota:
- Contact your local hospital or birthing center.
- Contact your local childbirth education center.