May 19, 2016, Strategies to Increase Exclusive Breastmilk Feeding in Hospitals, Earle Browne Center, Brooklyn Park, MN. For a summary of the day, click here.
Visit https://hospitalleadershipsummit2016.eventbrite.com to register online.
Questions? Email email@example.com
May 19, 2016
4th Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit
(Dr. Jane Morton guest speaker)
for hospital leaders, invitation only
to be held at the Earle Brown Heritage Center, Brooklyn Center
October 27, 2016
Mother Baby Hospital Collaborative Workshop, Breastfeeding Friendly Clinics
Twin Cities metro area location TBD
October 28, 2016
9th Annual Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Statewide Meeting
Twin Cities metro area location TBD
Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition 2015-2016 Capital Campaign
Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition has demonstrated it can accomplish a lot with a small amount of funding, including supporting local breastfeeding coalitions, conducting workshops for hospitals to share information and resources, holding statewide annual meetings and hosting summits for hospital leadership to provide information on how to better support the 90% of women who choose to breastfeed in Minnesota.
SIX WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1. Make an individual tax-deductible donation to the MBC, a 501(c)3.
2. Become a voting member coalition of the MBC. Membership for local coalitions is $25 for 2 years.
3. Donate through your workplace’s Combined Charities United Way campaign.
4. Donate on Give to the Max Day – November 12, 2015 (https://givemn.org/) .Your tax-deductible donation will be matched by MBC Board and Steering Committee members.
5. Participate in a Pampered Chef Fundraiser hosted by the MBC. The PC consultant is a breastfeeding mother who is offering to donate 10% of her commission to the MBC. Watch for the announcement for a one-hour “virtual” party via Facebook and a one-week sale in November.
6. Donate to the MBC via the AmazonSmile Program when placing an order through Amazon.com, and a percentage of your purchase goes to the MBC.
Checks can be made out to the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition or by credit card or Paypal online via the Donate button at http://www.mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org
Annual Meetings & Workshops (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/annualmeetings/)
Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summits (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/hospital-summit/)
Business Case for Breastfeeding matching grants to member coalitions to implement or improve worksite lactation programs (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/business-case/)
Beginning Baby-Friendly grants for maternity centers seeking Baby-Friendly designation
Lactation Consultant licensure bill efforts (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/licensure/)
(Coming Soon . . . ) Scholarships
Assist applicants in cultures or ethnicities with low breastfeeding rates and those in geographic areas with few lactation providers with expenses related to becoming an IBCLC
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Mothers who wish to breastfeed their babies may encounter difficulties that cannot be overcome without timely, competent and accessible care. Licensure will ensure that lactation care providers have the necessary training and experience to provide quality care. In addition, licensure is necessary in order for lactation consultation services to be reimbursable under Medicaid. Reimbursement will enable hospitals, clinics and community organizations to afford to offer LC services, increasing access for women across the state and in underserved populations. The Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition is supporting licensure as a vital part of its efforts to ensure evidence-based best practices in maternity care for mothers and infants across Minnesota.
Thank you for your support!
The Webinar – Breastfeeding Recognition Programs for Minnesota Workplaces and Health Departments that was scheduled for January 27, 2015 has been rescheduled to Thursday, March 12, 2015
Breastfeeding Recognition Program Webinar rescheduled for March 12, 1 – 2 pm. Please let others know that the date has been changed. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webinar – Breastfeeding Recognition Programs for Minnesota Workplaces and Health Departments
January 28, 2015
9:30 – 10:30 am
Learn how workplaces and health departments can receive recognition for their work to create breastfeeding friendly environments through the Minnesota Department of Health’s new Breastfeeding Friendly Recognition Programs.
Presenters: Susan Bishop, Workplace Wellness Planner, MDH and Bonnie Brueshoff, Dakota County Public Health, Director
To join the training session
1. Go to https://health-state-mn-ustraining.webex.com/health-state-mn-ustraining/k2/j.php?MTID=t6cf3b83ad3be1d95933e7651a65dc037
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the session password: P@ssw0rd
4. Click “Join Now”.
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link