May 19, 2016, Strategies to Increase Exclusive Breastmilk Feeding in Hospitals, Earle Browne Center, Brooklyn Park, MN. For a summary of the day, click here.
Visit https://hospitalleadershipsummit2016.eventbrite.com to register online.
Questions? Email email@example.com
May 19, 2016
4th Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit
(Dr. Jane Morton guest speaker)
for hospital leaders, invitation only
to be held at the Earle Brown Heritage Center, Brooklyn Center
October 27, 2016
Mother Baby Hospital Collaborative Workshop, Breastfeeding Friendly Clinics
Twin Cities metro area location TBD
October 28, 2016
9th Annual Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Statewide Meeting
Twin Cities metro area location TBD
Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition 2015-2016 Capital Campaign
Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition has demonstrated it can accomplish a lot with a small amount of funding, including supporting local breastfeeding coalitions, conducting workshops for hospitals to share information and resources, holding statewide annual meetings and hosting summits for hospital leadership to provide information on how to better support the 90% of women who choose to breastfeed in Minnesota.
SIX WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1. Make an individual tax-deductible donation to the MBC, a 501(c)3.
2. Become a voting member coalition of the MBC. Membership for local coalitions is $25 for 2 years.
3. Donate through your workplace’s Combined Charities United Way campaign.
4. Donate on Give to the Max Day – November 12, 2015 (https://givemn.org/) .Your tax-deductible donation will be matched by MBC Board and Steering Committee members.
5. Participate in a Pampered Chef Fundraiser hosted by the MBC. The PC consultant is a breastfeeding mother who is offering to donate 10% of her commission to the MBC. Watch for the announcement for a one-hour “virtual” party via Facebook and a one-week sale in November.
6. Donate to the MBC via the AmazonSmile Program when placing an order through Amazon.com, and a percentage of your purchase goes to the MBC.
Checks can be made out to the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition or by credit card or Paypal online via the Donate button at http://www.mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org
Annual Meetings & Workshops (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/annualmeetings/)
Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summits (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/hospital-summit/)
Business Case for Breastfeeding matching grants to member coalitions to implement or improve worksite lactation programs (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/business-case/)
Beginning Baby-Friendly grants for maternity centers seeking Baby-Friendly designation
Lactation Consultant licensure bill efforts (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/licensure/)
(Coming Soon . . . ) Scholarships
Assist applicants in cultures or ethnicities with low breastfeeding rates and those in geographic areas with few lactation providers with expenses related to becoming an IBCLC
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
The 2nd Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit is now open for registration.
All maternity center leadership, CEOs, CNOs, Medical Directors of Pediatrics, Family Practice and Labor & Delivery were sent invitations from MDH Commissioner Edward Ehlinger. Please ask your hospital leadership to see if they have received their invitations to register.
Local Breastfeeding Coalitions invited to attend
7th Annual Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Teleconference/WebEx
Thursday, April 25, 2013
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Please join the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition and the 29 local breastfeeding coalitions throughout Minnesota for this year’s annual teleconference. Like the MBC annual meeting held in the fall, this spring teleconference is a time for local coalitions to connect, learn what’s happening around the state and nationally, and share ideas that promote breastfeeding.
New this year, two or three local coalitions will present projects they are working on to promote breastfeeding in their communities. Washington County Breastfeeding Coalition will share their prenatal patient education materials and how they can be used by other breastfeeding advocates. Have something to share?If you or your coalition has a project or event you’d like to highlight, please contact Barb King firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other teleconference agenda items:
• Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition announcements
• Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit – May 7, 2013
• MBC 2013 Annual Meeting – October 11, 2013 Glencoe, Minnesota – mark your calendar!
• Share your plans for World Breastfeeding Week August 1 – 7, 2013 Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers See http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org
• Please email email@example.com if you have other topics you’d like to discuss or questions to pose to the group
There are a limited number of phone lines available for the teleconference/WebEx. Each coalition or group that RSVPs will have a phone line reserved.
If your coalition plans to participate, please RSVP by providing a contact person’s name, phone number, and email address; we will be in touch with further call instructions. Send contact information and any comments by April 16 to Barb King at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing what’s going on with breastfeeding promote, education, and support throughout Minnesota. Thank you for all the work you do around breastfeeding to create Healthy Babies, Healthy Families, Healthy Communities.