12th Annual Statewide Workshop and Conference
October 24 & 25, 2019
The Annual Statewide Workshop and Conference took place over two days – October 24 and 25 – in Rochester.
Sponsors and supporters included: Minnesota Department of Health WIC and Office of Statewide Health Improvement Initiatives (OSHII)
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at the 7th Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit, Thursday, May 14, 2020? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries and questions about the event.
2019 Annual Workshop Agenda | October 24 | 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Counseling & Breastfeeding Skills To Support Mothers & Families
- Starting the Conversation – Integrating Maternal and Infant Mental Health, Infant Development and Lactation Support – Laurie Pane Foster, MEd, CCLS, CCRP, CLC, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Pediatric Newborn Medicine, Research Coordinator; Presentation file – smaller file with no photos
- Tongue Tie Assessment: Developing a Collaborative Plan of Care – Carrie Klun, IBCLC, RN, M Health Fairview & Ann Oswood, CNM, IBCLC, M Health Fairview
- Breastfeeding Skills Workshop – Hand Expression & Pumping – Jeanne Friebe, BSN, RNC-LRN, IBCLC, CentraCare St. Cloud & Andrea Gravley, APRN, CNP, IBCLC, CentraCare St. Cloud
- Breastfeeding Skills Workshop – Skin-to-Skin and Latch & Positioning – Katie Ann McKee, RN, IBCLC, Olmsted Medical Center Lactation Services & Tina Louks-Raatz, RN, IBCLC, Mayo Clinic Rochester
- Breastfeeding Skills Workshop – Alternate Feeding Devices & Paced Bottle Feeding – Barb King, IBCLC, Hennepin County WIC Breastfeeding Peer Program & Carrie Klun, RN, IBCLC, M Health Fairview
Annual Workshop Final Agenda
Evening Reception, hosted by the Equity & Access Subcommittee, 5:15 p.m.
Light hors d’oeuvres and non-alcoholic refreshments will be served.
2019 Annual Conference Agenda | October 25 | 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Breaking New Ground: Building Stronger Public Will to Advance Breastfeeding
Keynote: Dr. Tiffany Manuel, President & CEO TheCaseMade
- The Principles of Case-Making Around Breastfeeding
- Advocating for Pregnant, New Mothers and Babies in Healthcare, Workplace, and Childcare
- From Idea to Action:
- Olmsted Area Breastfeeding Coalition and Statewide Health Improvement Partnership Lactation Spaces – Elizabeth De la Cruz, CLC, Olmsted County WIC Program; Cassandra Greenwood, MPH, Olmsted County Public Health Services
- Hmong Breastfeeding Project– Marcia McCoy, MP)H, IBCLC, Minnesota Department of Health
- St. Paul-Ramsey County Statewide Health Improvement Partnership Breastfeeding Friendly Public Spaces – Franny Clary-Leiferman, MPH, RD, St. Paul-Ramsey County Public Health & Linda Kopecky, MPH, Private Contractor
- Advocating for Pregnant, New Mothers and Babies in Healthcare, Workplace, and Childcare – Lisa Archer, RN, MAN, Patient Care Director, the Mother Baby Center, United Hospital & Kaohly Her, Representative District 64a
- USBC Update, MBC Meeting Update & Hospital Survey Results -Des Ahrens, MA, IBCLC, NBC-HWC, Chair, Board of Directors, Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition, Katie Galloway, MBA, RD, LD, IBCLC, Dakota County Public Health, & Ziqing Xie, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities Student
- Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Meeting: Updates and Awards
- Racial Inequity and Breastfeeding – Helen Jackson Lockett-El, Minnesota Department of Health
- Got Chocolate Milk? – Dr. LaVonne Moore, DNP, RN, CNM, IBCLC, ICEA, Chosen Vessels Midwifery
- Engaging Fathers in the Prenatal and Postpartum Process – William R. Moore, Certified Perinatal Educator, St. Paul Ramsey County Public Health