12th Annual Statewide Workshop and Conference
October 24 & 25, 2019
The Annual Statewide Workshop and Conference takes places over two days – October 24 and 25 – in Rochester. Earlybird registration ends September 25. All details for registration, topics and hotel blocks can be found at: http://bit.ly/mbcconference.
Continuing education credit applications for lioactatn providers (CERPs) and dietitians (CPEUs) have been submitted. Credits awarded must be approved by IBLCE and MAND before the actual numbers are announced. In general, 1 credit hour is awarded per 60 minute session if approved. Contact hours for nurses are calculated as outlined by the Minnesota Board of Nursing for continuing education.
Current sponsors and supporters include: Minnesota Department of Health WIC and Office of Statewide Health Improvement Initiatives (OSHII)
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at the Summit? Please contact us at email@example.com for inquiries and questions about the event.
2019 Annual Workshop Agenda | October 24 | 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Counseling & Breastfeeding Skills To Support Mothers & Families
Topics to include:
- Starting the Conversation – Integrating Maternal and Infant Mental Health, Infant Development and Lactation Support
- Tongue Tie Assessment: Developing a Collaborative Plan of Care
- Breastfeeding Skills Workshop – Hand Expression & Pumping
- Breastfeeding Skills Workshop – Skin-to-Skin and Latch & Positioning
- Breastfeeding Skills Workshop – Alternate Feeding Devices & Paced Bottle Feeding
Evening Reception, hosted by the Equity & Access Subcommittee, 5:15 p.m.
Light hors d’oeuvres and non-alcoholic refreshments will be served.
2019 Annual Conference Agenda | October 25 | 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Framing the Message Around Breastfeeding: How to Inspire, Engage & Advocate For Change
Keynote: National speaker Dr. Tiffany Manuel
Topics to include:
- The Principles of Case-Making Around Breastfeeding
- Advocating for Pregnant, New Mothers and Babies in Healthcare, Workplace, and Childcare
- From Idea to Action:
- Coalition Success Stories
- Hmong Breastfeeding Project
- Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Meeting: Updates and Awards
- Racial Inequity and Breastfeeding
- Cultural Competency in Breastfeeding
- Engaging and Empowering Fathers In the Prenatal and Postpartum Period