Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition 2015-2016 Capital Campaign
Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition has demonstrated it can accomplish a lot with a small amount of funding, including supporting local breastfeeding coalitions, conducting workshops for hospitals to share information and resources, holding statewide annual meetings and hosting summits for hospital leadership to provide information on how to better support the 90% of women who choose to breastfeed in Minnesota.
SIX WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1. Make an individual tax-deductible donation to the MBC, a 501(c)3.
2. Become a voting member coalition of the MBC. Membership for local coalitions is $25 for 2 years.
3. Donate through your workplace’s Combined Charities United Way campaign.
4. Donate on Give to the Max Day – November 12, 2015 (https://givemn.org/) .Your tax-deductible donation will be matched by MBC Board and Steering Committee members.
5. Participate in a Pampered Chef Fundraiser hosted by the MBC. The PC consultant is a breastfeeding mother who is offering to donate 10% of her commission to the MBC. Watch for the announcement for a one-hour “virtual” party via Facebook and a one-week sale in November.
6. Donate to the MBC via the AmazonSmile Program when placing an order through Amazon.com, and a percentage of your purchase goes to the MBC.
Checks can be made out to the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition or by credit card or Paypal online via the Donate button at http://www.mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org
Annual Meetings & Workshops (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/annualmeetings/)
Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summits (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/hospital-summit/)
Business Case for Breastfeeding matching grants to member coalitions to implement or improve worksite lactation programs (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/business-case/)
Beginning Baby-Friendly grants for maternity centers seeking Baby-Friendly designation
Lactation Consultant licensure bill efforts (https://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/licensure/)