May 19, 2016
4th Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit
(Dr. Jane Morton guest speaker)
for hospital leaders, invitation only
to be held at the Earle Brown Heritage Center, Brooklyn Center
October 27, 2016
Mother Baby Hospital Collaborative Workshop, Breastfeeding Friendly Clinics
Twin Cities metro area location TBD
October 28, 2016
9th Annual Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Statewide Meeting
Twin Cities metro area location TBD
Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition 2015-2016 Capital Campaign
Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition has demonstrated it can accomplish a lot with a small amount of funding, including supporting local breastfeeding coalitions, conducting workshops for hospitals to share information and resources, holding statewide annual meetings and hosting summits for hospital leadership to provide information on how to better support the 90% of women who choose to breastfeed in Minnesota.
SIX WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1. Make an individual tax-deductible donation to the MBC, a 501(c)3.
2. Become a voting member coalition of the MBC. Membership for local coalitions is $25 for 2 years.
3. Donate through your workplace’s Combined Charities United Way campaign.
4. Donate on Give to the Max Day – November 12, 2015 (https://givemn.org/) .Your tax-deductible donation will be matched by MBC Board and Steering Committee members.
5. Participate in a Pampered Chef Fundraiser hosted by the MBC. The PC consultant is a breastfeeding mother who is offering to donate 10% of her commission to the MBC. Watch for the announcement for a one-hour “virtual” party via Facebook and a one-week sale in November.
6. Donate to the MBC via the AmazonSmile Program when placing an order through Amazon.com, and a percentage of your purchase goes to the MBC.
Checks can be made out to the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition or by credit card or Paypal online via the Donate button at http://www.mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org
Annual Meetings & Workshops (http://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/annualmeetings/)
Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summits (http://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/hospital-summit/)
Business Case for Breastfeeding matching grants to member coalitions to implement or improve worksite lactation programs (http://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/business-case/)
Beginning Baby-Friendly grants for maternity centers seeking Baby-Friendly designation
Lactation Consultant licensure bill efforts (http://mnbreastfeedingcoalition.org/licensure/)
(Coming Soon . . . ) Scholarships
Assist applicants in cultures or ethnicities with low breastfeeding rates and those in geographic areas with few lactation providers with expenses related to becoming an IBCLC
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
The 2nd Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit is now open for registration.
All maternity center leadership, CEOs, CNOs, Medical Directors of Pediatrics, Family Practice and Labor & Delivery were sent invitations from MDH Commissioner Edward Ehlinger. Please ask your hospital leadership to see if they have received their invitations to register.
Local Breastfeeding Coalitions invited to attend
7th Annual Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition Teleconference/WebEx
Thursday, April 25, 2013
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Please join the Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition and the 29 local breastfeeding coalitions throughout Minnesota for this year’s annual teleconference. Like the MBC annual meeting held in the fall, this spring teleconference is a time for local coalitions to connect, learn what’s happening around the state and nationally, and share ideas that promote breastfeeding.
New this year, two or three local coalitions will present projects they are working on to promote breastfeeding in their communities. Washington County Breastfeeding Coalition will share their prenatal patient education materials and how they can be used by other breastfeeding advocates. Have something to share?If you or your coalition has a project or event you’d like to highlight, please contact Barb King firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other teleconference agenda items:
• Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition announcements
• Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit – May 7, 2013
• MBC 2013 Annual Meeting – October 11, 2013 Glencoe, Minnesota – mark your calendar!
• Share your plans for World Breastfeeding Week August 1 – 7, 2013 Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers See http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org
• Please email email@example.com if you have other topics you’d like to discuss or questions to pose to the group
There are a limited number of phone lines available for the teleconference/WebEx. Each coalition or group that RSVPs will have a phone line reserved.
If your coalition plans to participate, please RSVP by providing a contact person’s name, phone number, and email address; we will be in touch with further call instructions. Send contact information and any comments by April 16 to Barb King at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing what’s going on with breastfeeding promote, education, and support throughout Minnesota. Thank you for all the work you do around breastfeeding to create Healthy Babies, Healthy Families, Healthy Communities.
The focus of the first Minnesota Perinatal Hospital Leadership Summit: Linking Evidence to Practice in Support of Breastfeeding is quality improvement in maternity care practices that support breastfeeding and Joint Commission exclusive breastfeeding measures.
By invitation only for Hospital and Health System Directors, Directors of Nursing or Patient Services and Managers of Birth Centers.
Up to two attendees from each hospital or health system may register.
To take advantage of the discounted rate, both attendees must register at the same time.
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
The USBC is gathering information to assess the “landscape of breastfeeding support” across the Nation. You are invited to respond to a survey about organizations, programs, and projects that are currently active, and about those that could have a significant impact if engaged, in the following four areas:
- Mother-to-mother support and peer counseling
- Access to services of International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Community-based organizations that promote and support breastfeeding, especially in communities of color
- Continuity of skilled support between hospitals and community settings.
Please take 15 minutes to complete the survey and tell us what you know by Friday, March 22. Also, please help us spread the word about this important survey by sharing with your networks. Below are ready-to-use posts for sharing on Facebook or Twitter.
The U.S. Breastfeeding Committee wants to learn about organizations, programs, and projects across the Nation that are currently working to support breastfeeding families, and those that could have a significant impact if engaged in this work. Please take 15 minutes to share what you know about breastfeeding support and help spread the word about this important survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/enviro-scan
- Please take 15 mins to share what you know about #breastfeeding support programs: http://ow.ly/i8Har via @USbreastfeeding
- Help @USbreastfeeding learn about the landscape of #breastfeeding support: http://ow.ly/i8Har Pls RT!
Breastfeeding Stamp Petition
A White House petition has been launched urging the Obama Administration to develop and issue a stamp or series of stamps that depict, promote, and normalize breastfeeding. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff must review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response. The threshold for this response is 25,000 signatures by February 10, so please share the petition link widely!